Pastoral and Spiritual Care
Visitation/consultations for patients and families are available between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. Contact your nurse or dial “0” and ask the operator to page the Chaplain on-call. For emergencies after 4:00 pm, and on weekends and holidays, a chaplain may be reached by dialing "0" from within the hospital. The Pastoral Care Department is also able to contact a patient's own faith community leader. Please contact the department at extension 44308 if this is desired.
A Chapel and Reflection Room
The Chapel is located on the second floor (2-3), and the Reflection Room is located on the fourth floor (4-1). They are both open 24 hours a day for patients, visitors, and staff for prayer and quiet reflection.
Spiritual reading is helpful to many people. The Pastoral Care Department has reading materials available to you. Dial 44308 to request any of our available materials.
Channel 19 on the TV has programs available to all patients. Select the program of your choice and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Roman Catholic faith:
- The Sacrament of Holy Eucharist is brought Sunday through Friday to patients who wish to receive.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is available by request.
- The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick is a ritual of spiritual healing, and sometimes physical healing. If you wish to be anointed as part of your recovery process, the celebration of this sacrament is available upon request.
- Mass is celebrated daily in the Hospital Chapel, and may be seen on Channel 4 as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 6:20 am and 12 Noon
- Saturday: 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 12 Noon
- Holy Days: 12 Noon
- Vigil of Holy Days of Obligation: 4:00 pm
Communion is available from the Protestant Chaplain upon request.
- Shabbat candles are available upon request.
- Kosher meals are available upon request.
Resources are available by contacting the Pastoral Care Department at extension 44308, or by dialing “0” after 4:00 pm and on weekends.